Friday, 28 December 2007


What can I say...... I am speechless, it was everything you could ever wish for and more. Grace had the most fantastic time and I will post more when I have time.

Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Palavas and pavlovas!

I don't how it should be spelt but we having one!!

After we received the oxygen, I voiced my concerns with regard to taking it on the plane. The oxygen delivery guy felt we wouldn't be allowed to take it either.

When I phoned Make-a-wish to have it confirmed that the airline had said it was ok, they told me that they had received yet another phone call to say that the airline was happy to supply oxygen because we couldn't take it on board. Why oh why does it take them so long to come to a decision?

Anyway now we have to hold our breath whilst they sort out the medical form that we need that Emmie so kindly mentioned before, and hopefully thats it. (Ducking and squinting whilst saying that) It makes me feel like the situation one would be in when the Vicar says "Speak now or forever hold your peace" at a wedding.

Tuesday, 11 December 2007


We received a letter by fax today from BCH which we needed to send on to the airline as confirmation of the oxygen needs for Grace.

Later, once confirmation had been sent, we had a call from the oxygen supply people to say that it will be delivered tomorrow as 4x cylinders each around 12" tall that we would have to take ourselves and would be more than enough for both flights.

So it looks as if we are going to Lapland for definate on Monday!!!

Friday, 7 December 2007

Flight simulation

Grace went to BCH yesterday with Mark to do a flight simulation test as we have been told that she can no longer fly without oxygen (great considering that we are going to Lapland on 17th.

I didn't go because Mark had planned to go anyway to do some christmas shopping and I would see my christmas presents!

The test was supposed to last about 20 minutes but the guy doing it was happy to stop after just 8 minutes when Graces sats dropped to 77 before he even reached twenty thousand ft'. So we are now waiting for Dr R to contact us to let us know what flow, equipment, etc we need so that we can notify the airline and they agree to let us go.

So fingers crossed we all get to wear our newly bought thermals.........