Monday 21 April 2008

I haven't been to the gym since last Tuesday. I had planned to go Thursday, but felt unwell. I then planned to go Friday, but Grace felt unwell. Saturday and Sunday are virtually impossible and Grace is unwell again today. She is due in clinic tomorrow and Mark has the day off, so I will try and go early in the morning.

The nurse came out to see Grace on Thursday evening as she had a funny turn and called me to help her to where I found her lying on the floor in the bedroom and she was asking me to help her undress as she was too exhausted to get up.

I immediately checked her blood sugars and the reading was 9.1. She has had some diverse readings since we started, but I had no idea what they meant as we were only asked to record them until the next clinic.

I expressed this plus concern about her condition to the nurse and she came out to see her immediately. The nurse felt it had nothing to do with her blood sugars judging by the readings, but felt she might have something 'brewing'. Well I knew that anyway because she is struggling to breathe again. However, her sats were 94 which is strange because of the breathing difficulties and also because Graces sats are normally pretty low.

We mentioned the tummy troubles she had been having lately and was asked to do a double dose of gastro on Friday and Saturday (poor Grace) poor Grace indeed!! she asked if I would buy her a gift if she drank the gastro neat, and, knowing how much it disgusts her to take it in 200ml of coke, agreed.

So 50ml of neat gastrografin and £33 later, Grace is now the proud owner of a a 'b-chic' vanity case. I was robbed I tell you!...............

We have also had to keep a food diary since then to take to clinic with us tomorrow, so hopefully armed with all those things, and not having to wait another month until clinic, we might be able to get to the bottom of things. Dr Weller will also be present at clinic tomorrow and Grace is also going to have an xray on the offending tummy area.

As I have been keeping a close eye on a very good friends ' list of things to do before I die' I have managed one of them for her...... yes Suzie, I did the oyster and it was surprisingly alright and I could probably manage it again if you want to do a joint one. I have also decided to compile a list of my own, which I will give some thought, but I think one of them would be to audition for 'Britains got talent' because judging by some of the entrants, I stand quite a good chance of getting televised on the next series. I consider the Hydroactive challenge to have been one of my list already because I am incredibly impressed with myself with how fit I am for my age.

Well, house work beckons................................

No comments: