Monday 18 August 2008

Wow! August already, doesn't time fly?

Well this is what we've been up to since I last blogged.......

We have been down to Devon for a week, to have a bit of a break and also to check out properties. From the properties that we saw, and also the fact that Faye is still undecisive about her further education at the moment, we have decided to put the move on hold for a bit longer.

Mark is no longer at the bookies, but work is a bit thin on the ground, and we are just hoping that it starts to come in as soon as his advertising goes into the yellow pages at the beginning of October. Currently he is distributing leaflets by the hundreds, but not a lot of work has come in yet. Still I have told him that when the children go back to school everyone wants painting and decorating done..... Its hard though..the waiting, he keeps thinking should I apply for a job or should I stick it out??

After a week in Devon we had a major hectic week with Grace in a 3 day show with nightly performances and a matinee. Rehearsals and photo shoots, costume fittings etc, you name it and we had done it in that week. Still it went really well and all of the proceeds went to purchasing equiptment for the oncology department at University hospital Coventry as 'Emily' a little girl in nursery ballet has been undergoing treatment, and had a kidney removed because of cancer.

We finished the show on Saturday evening and the following day we were off to Dorset for a week, and we had a thouroughly good time at both holidays! We were very lucky with the weather as its been dreadful since.

Grace must have thrived on her breaks as she had a glowing report from her consultant and he was very pleased with her, although I have currently changed her meds to augmentin this week as she was being troubled a little by a bit of a loose cough, but generally very well.

Two days ago we bought a little rescue kitten..... she's so cute, but she's not too good today, not eating or drinking and very sleepy, but hopefully she's just adjusting to the change, but she's going to the vets tomorrow for a full check up. We have been through a whole range of names...but we have finally settled on Bitsy-Binx, this is because after narrowing it down to two, Grace and Faye couldn't choose so now she has both of them.

I'll post some pictures shortly.......

I've not been around much generally due to the battle in my head with Mark having no work and being constantly scared, but i'm learning to see positives and I am working my way through it. I have applied for some jobs myself in Healthcare, but so far have had no repies, other than confirmation emails that the applications have been received..... still it gives me a chance to get the pusskins settled in, but I was really looking forward to getting involved in some training for a new job.

3 comments:

suzie said...

Wooohoooo!! good to see you back hunni, brilliant pics and jolly good news that Grace is having a better time of things. I love the kitty's name, I felt it should have had Mr at the beginning, is he a boy?

I know it can be a worrying time when things are a bit up in the air, but well done you for keeping that positive air about ya.

Loadsa love n hugs.
xxx

suzie said...

Ooops I just went back and read again, its a girl cat so ignore previous comment cos Mrs just doesn't have the same effect ;-)

Tinypoppet said...

Fab to see another post from you lovely Gilly....was getting a bit worried! Hope your head is clearing up a bit - have you spoken to anyone about things? Whenever my head is full of spaghetti I speak to a professional and it really does help me out. If you want to slum it you are more than welcome to chat to me however ;)

Much love to you all xxx