Monday 12 November 2007

Builders and dance festivals

I have been to the gym this morning, I had a good run and did some abs work. On Friday I had a good run and I also swam and used the jacuzzi. I went later in the day on Friday and afterwards had lunch, which was a very nice mushroom soup and a sandwich, but I couldn't finish it all, (I couldn't have had mushroom lol!)

Grace has been in a dance festival all weekend, she got a silver medal for her 'Rumbly in my tumbly' dance trio, only two points off gold! She found it tough going this morning though getting ready for school, but I think showing the medal in assembly kept her going.

The builders haven't been since last Wednesday, we have phoned them around 19-20 times over the weekend and they haven't replied, we had a text message to say they would be here Friday at 1.00pm but they didn't turn up. We have decided to just send them a message at the end of today if they haven't contacted us to say that we are going to get someone else to finish the work and pay them whats outstanding so the builders won't be receiving anymore money.

We have already had a quote from a decorator to finish the kitchen off properly, the painting is atrocious and some has peeled off in areas where they painted on damp plaster. Also on Wednesday they put spray foam into the whole they made on the wall of the stairs, my words before they left was "Will it spill out?" they told me that I was quite safe and it wouldn't..... I now have a very stiff stair carpet which will probably need replacing and we still have to have the repair done to the wall, which I didn't mind about because these things don't always go according to plan and little hiccups happen, but they just need repairing at no extra cost to me.

All of this probably means that I have to find someone else now to do my porch and my drive way. I wanted all done before December even began, but it looks as though it won't get done until the New year now. We have had a sh*t year generally, Graces health hasn't been great and we have had to contend with all of this grief and the thing that gets me the most is that they just don't seem to give a damn!

We had friends round for dinner on Saturday evening ( a belated birthday dinner because the builders hadn't finished)and they still haven't so we have given up waiting, and they commented on the fact that I had lost so much weight, so for all of those people out there that can't seem to find a diet that gets weight off and keeps it off...... try getting builders in, it's a miracle diet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.