Monday 7 January 2008

What a crazy month

In the last month we have crammed in so much stuff that I am struggling to remember what we did.

It started with the Christmas Pantomime only days before we drove to Manchester and spent the day at the Trafford Centre before going to our hotel where we stayed over night so that we were ready to fly off to Lapland the following morning.

Lapland was the most incredible place I have ever been and found myself wishing I could have stayed for the whole of Christmas. Lots of factors caused me to lose a vast amount of weight - oxygen problems, and illness for the Grace and Mark and Adam getting into trouble in school. this all made feel that if the airline said "Sorry you can't fly" on arrival I would have gladly said "ok" and gone home. I am so glad that it never happened and that I discovered what an amazing place it is.

The scenery is breath taking and beautiful, you just have so much fun falling about in the snow and it wears you out so much just getting into your snow gear that after dinner and a couple of glasses of wine its a fight to stay awake past 8.00pm!

Seeing Santa was unbelievable for Grace and unbelievable for us to see her little face, it has definitely given me a taste of skiing and winter holidays...... If you thought like me and didn't know what all the fuss was about, then I'd give it a try.

We returned and had two mad days trying to catch up before Christmas day arrived, and that also went by in a blur. Before we knew it, it was New years Eve and we went off to Warwick for the horse racing. I think I ended up about £6 down on the day, had a couple of short priced winners and blew on the donkeys at the back of the other races.

We saw the New year in at Marks parents house and as per usual I returned home fleeced from card games and slightly the worse for wear (champagne and baileys - but not in the same glass).

Grace had a wheelchair assessment on 2ND January at 10.30 and before 11.00am we had left the building with a new addition to the family...... and Grace has named her new wheelchair 'Dave.

We have had a fairly quiet end to the week except for yesterday when we went to see High School Musical on Ice which had been planned for some time and gave Grace a chance to meet up with some school friends before her return to school tomorrow.

Generally she is quite well at present and has a clinic appointment next Tuesday, but after a week back at school we will be able to assess a little better how she is doing.

I felt although healthwise it hadn't been a good year for Grace, she definitely had a good year of memories to treasure, and just thinking of Lapland fills me with great memories, what a way to end the year.

Sadly all of the weight has gone back on because I have been so relaxed and eaten so much food over Christmas.... so back to the gym tomorrow and a Happy New year to all!

2 comments:

suzie said...

Sod the weight Gilly, you were well overdue some relaxation time and the gym will be there calling you for the rest of the year....as will mine but I've ignored it thus far.

Priceless memories them.

Much love
xxx

Tinypoppet said...

GOOD I'm glad you are more relaxed. Tell Gracey I say hi to Dave and I hope he behaves nicely and that I loved my Denzel who was a superstar. Much love xx