Wednesday 27 February 2008

Grace going on IV's tomorrow. She hasn't particularly been unwell, its now just routine every 3 months regardless of how she is.

Monday night she awoke at 3.00am with terrible tummy pain and then was sick a few times, very little amounts, but quite clearly the pain was causing her to be sick. The following morning I gave her two big doses of lactulose (although she does have it every day) I have been told that I can give her 30ml in a day if she is struggling.

It seems to have worked and I don't know if we need to do gastrografin just yet, but I think we will have to do it in a week or so. Her tummy was huge during the day on Monday so I sort of expected it. Poor thing has so much to contend with all of the time and the only thing she was concerned about was missing her school trip to the Space Centre today. She has gone on the trip so I hope she is OK, but I don't think wild horses could have kept her away.

So IV's tomorrow, and she has done overnight sats tests twice this week. The first one wouldn't down load correctly and kept saying her sats were below 80 so we had to do it again Sunday night. The damn thing alarmed all night and the nurse said it must be because they are going below 80. I thought not, they were quite low when I checked, hovering between 89 and 93 and on occasions pushing up to 96,but every time the alarm had gone off and I went to check, they were over 90, but she had been woken up every time by the beeping.

We haven't been told what happened with this reading, but as we are seeing the nurse in the morning for port access I expect she will tell us then.

Generally though Grace has been having a better few weeks, even coping better at school, although she is snacking through the roof! and it shows, she has outgrown every thing she has, her tummy is better today but it has been bloated and her face looks like a little hamster (or a big hamster) but she seems ok, if anything a little more teary than normal, but coping with stuff.

I have been to the gym this morning for the first time this week due to lack of sleep for a couple of nights with the sats monitor and Grace being poorly (why do children always get unwell during the early hours?) so it has taken me until now to pull myself together. We also have had a bit of a family crisis, of which I can't discuss and am sworn to secrecy,because its not my secret, but that has been very upsetting too (the crisis, not trying to keep a secret... oh well that's true too)

I am syking myself up for a road run on Friday or Saturday morning because there is just absolutely no chance I can get to the gym again before next Tuesday and I can't swim either presently. We got all exited and about going swimming on Sunday with a friend and then remembered its IV time :( So a road run seems very likely.

1 comment:

suzie said...

Hope the crisis gets sorted and things settle down hun also sending many extra energy vibes for the two weeks IV's.

Glad to hear Grace made it to the Space Centre, she's a right little trouper.

(((HUGS)))
xxx

P.S. Get a book on the go for the hozzie, I just finished Atonement it was a good read.