Wednesday 5 March 2008

Grace is a week into her IV's, she is doing fine and her clinic appointment was good. Her lung functions was 63%, so not bad, not as good as last time, but still not bad. Her overnight saturations were again border line, but as she seems to be doing quite well presently, overnight oxygen will be reviewed in 6 months time.

I got carried away on Monday morning and forgot to stop running on the treadmill and kept going for an hour in which time I did 7.4k! and only stopped then because I needed a wee.

I'm not going to the gym now until Friday to give my poor old fatigued legs a rest and also because I have so many other things to do this week that I can't fit it in.

Small update I know, but sadly ironing, housework and general laundry and gardening don't make for interesting reading, except for maybe the leopard print wellies I got for Mothers day!! (How about that welly fettish friend?) if you play your cards right I might put photos of myself wearing them in the garden.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havea gory question.... I have CF (found your blog from The CF forum and decided to visit as I have a blog too (they're fun!)). I have real problems with digestion and cannot eat before a run and I'm not talking within 2hrs of exercie. I have to have literally nothing on my stomach or in my intestine i.e a nice big poo before I run. I have CF I have no shame : )

Is this the same for you, in some respect? I'm diabetic too so its a bit awkward running with nothing on my stomach, I always finsih a jog and have to have dextrose immedietely or I have a hypo onslaught within 10mins of stopping.

Anonymous said...

Cheers for that tip, I may have to try that one! An Actimel is small enough so shouldn't cause problems. Not sure if it will curb the hypo after I've stopped but will be better than starting with nothing! My current remedy, which will always be the case regardless of what I have prior to a run is 3 dextrose immedietely when I finish. Keeps me sane!

I do have a sponsor page, there's a link to it on my blog page.

I've just bought a running magazine to see what useful tips it has in, especially for increasing my speed. My PT at the gym is working on getting me fit and ready for the challenge. I've went out today and bought some skippy ropes too... cause it looked fun, that may not be the case after an hour!