Monday 17 March 2008

I've been to the gym this morning. I ran about 4.5k and then did some other stuff- tummy work and leg work. Apparently I should have kept running and ran away......

I've got a really stressful headache now and my eyes are stinging, and all because of children.... one of them falls out with boyfriends, has shouting matches on the phone when everyone is in bed, works all week to earn money to pay for a trip next month only to put it in the bank and still be £20 over drawn, the other bullies the life out of another one and they can't be trusted to be left alone in a room together, one of them gets into trouble for saying the 'f' word in school because they were reciting something from South Park that they had heard from an older ones mobile phone.......

Where do I go wrong? I try hard to be reasonable in my explanations and when I have to repeat myself for the same thing over and over, so that I am realised by my family as a sensible parent that sees both sides of every situation, but they don't seem to take any notice until I SHOUT!!! until then my parenting skills are classed as 'a pushover'............. so I'm going up to bed now with a big fat bar of chocolate, a book and a nice cup of tea and they can all get arrested or something.

2 comments:

Rose said...

God Gilly I know exactly what you mean mine are the same, I don't get the boyfriend probs yet but it wont be long in coming.
I just wanted to totally sympathise and let you know your not the only one, bloomin kids! lol
Hope Grace is doing ok after the IV's.
Take care much love Rose xxx

suzie said...

Its a bit late this but sending you a hug anyway, sounds like a normal day in most houses Gilly. Hope you scoffed the whole bar of choccy and got a good nights kip.
Loadsa love
xxx