Monday 15 September 2008

I had an interview for a clerical position at the hospital on Friday. I originally applied for atleast 10 positions as a Healthcare assistant, basically a non-qualified nursing support. I just felt it was time for a change and quite fancied the challenge. I applied for a couple of clerical positions as well because thats what I have done all of my life.

This lead to Fridays interview for a support secretary. I've always like the job that I have done, but that kind of work always brings a lot of stress and hassle for very little money. I mean Aldi staff get £8.00 per hour for sitting on a checkout. So I fancied something different and interesting.

I have also looked into doing a childminding course so that I can earn money and be around for Grace too. Thats probably the least favourite of my options but the most sensible.

Anyway, being a bit rusty in the interview stakes, I decided to look on line at standard interview questions and answers and brush up on what was 'now'. I got together a highly polished package and was ready.............. until they started asking questions and my tongue developed a very dry thick coating (thick being the operative word) my brain emptied and I couldn't remember a thing..... I was grasping for words and eventually it was just a lot of babble.

I'd like to say that hopefully the interviewers were looking for 'babble' but to be honest my heart was just not in it and I didn't want to work there. Well, saying that, it would be nice to be back in work and amongst 'workers' but I know in my heart of hearts that I would be constantly worrying about Grace and worried that I won't be able to hold down the job if she's ill.

So I think that I have resigned myself to the fact that being a childminder is my best option.................. I'll write more on the subject when I know what I want to say next, but it has made feel much more relaxed than I have been knowing that I can earn and take care of Grace. Also, my neighbour who is already a childminder is going to employ me as her 'assistant' so that I can train quickly and she benefits from twins that she cannot care for on her own, so I may be up and running much quicker than I thought............. God certainly works in mysterious ways Suzie

I still haven't received any correspondance with regard to the Healthcare Assistant positions so I suppose thats a no go too?

5 comments:

suzie said...

YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Good decision hunni :D

I have 'thick tongue' syndrome at the moment, happens every time I get asked a question in class, not nice ;-)

Ask and beleive and you will be given eh!!

Much love.
xxx

Unknown said...

"Ask and believe and you will be given" - certainly, but just remember at times when the big man doesn't deliver it is for very good reason.

Gilly said...

Nice to hear from you Mark! I certainly know all about the 'for a good reason' stuff. I have tried to get into your blog and read, but it won't let me in, i've changed my email and stuff for this blog and its different to the old one, but I can't remember what the other one is.... so just incase you thought I was being ignorant, I've just lost my marbles again.

Much love to you and all of the family though xx

Gilly said...

I've just read that back and it seems as if I am saying God won't let me into your blog for a good reason lol!

Unknown said...

LOL! Made me giggle. Is that a confession, of sorts? heehee ;)

God helps those who help themselves is one that always seems to stick in my mind too.

Actually I've seriously scaled down myspace and FB and only have a few contacts on both and haven't blogged in over a year. I don't really do much with either account and have thought about getting rid of them, but it would mean I wouldn't be able to see some of the other peoples accounts I want to occasionally look at that I don't have email or phone no.s for.

"Every morning when I wake,
Dear Lord, a little prayer I make,
O please to keep Thy lovely eye
On all poor creatures born to die. And every evening at sun-down
I ask a blessing on the town,
For whether we last the night or no
I'm sure is always touch-and-go. We are not wholly bad or good
Who live our lives under Milkwood,
And Thou, I know, wilt be the first
To see our best side, not our worst. O let us see another day!
Bless us this night, I pray,
And to the sun we all will bow
And say, goodbye - bye just for now!"

Noswaith dda!

Rev. Eli Jenkins.