Wednesday 29 August 2007

Muchly updating


We have been away for another holiday. This time we decided to have a week in Devon. We have been so lucky with our chosen weeks this year (weather wise I mean)on both occasions we have had glorious weather.

Day one of our new kitchen looked not too bad.

The day before we left to go to Devon proved a little difficult to get up and down the garden to use the washing line, but I was glad to get away.

Upon returning from our holiday you can just see the progress??



Currently it is being filled with concrete, so we will have to walk around the block to get into the garden for a couple of days (can just see myself trekking around the neighbourhood with a basket full of smalls.

I haven't been to the gym or done any training since I had my fall. Firstly, the fall scared me slightly and my foot has swollen up again a few times,and secondly, Faye is in Turkey and whilst Mark is at work we haven't had anyone to take care of Grace. Except for yesterday afternoon whilst I left her with my Mum so that I could go to a funeral service, but even in that short time I think my Mum needed a lie down afterwards.

Hopefully I will be back to normal and back to my gym routine next week, and the couple of weeks break has definitely given my foot a much needed rest.

Grace is currently looking well, but lung function was rubbish at clinic yesterday, although her sats were up to 92% which was pleasing. She is currently less breathless but is producing much sputum. This could be due to lack of Dnase for a week, which she had to go without due to leaving my husband in charge of packing meds and a road I definitely don't want to go down.

Grace did lots of playing in the sea and racing (well struggling) up the steps to go down slides at the water park, but she never gave in a had a great time, in fact it took me a couple of days to recover after racing up and down with her!

We have a meeting with Dr S on Friday and he has requested that Grace is not with us so that we can discuss what they feel the next move might be due to the fact that after all of the intense treatment Grace has had and she still remains very symptomatic. She is also due in Birmingham in 3 weeks so that will probably prompt a letter to the team there.




Not quite the layout I had planned for, but it will have to do nevertheless. I am not too technical it would seem.

For Emily - I actually came into the world with a bang on Bonfire night lol! but I am not complaining as it means I still have a few weeks yet until I reach the ripe old age of 45. Thank you for remembering it, sort of, anyway, and Many Happy Returns to your sister xx

1 comment:

Tinypoppet said...

ok sooo far off...! Not sure quite what I was remembering. Bet I forget your actual birthday now ;) xx