Friday 17 August 2007

Slowly but surely

Everyone I speak to has said that. My foot will mend slowly but surely, the building work will come together slowly but surely. I want it to come together fast but definitely!

I have been going to the gym every other day, and have gradually built back up to 22 minutes running. I am still using the rowing machine and I have a challenge now. I have been trying to get under 4.5 minutes rowing a 1000 metres but I get very tired near the end and manage to put on a spurt to get there, I just need to be consistent. I have continued to do arms and abs and I seem to have lost a bit of weight. Maybe its because I haven't been able to work on muscley legs quite so much. Anyway I'm not complaining.

I tried a bit of a road run this morning, it was ok and I managed about 18 minutes which is much better than I thought, although my foot just 'gave' a bit at one stage and couldn't hold me and I ended up running at full speed into the floor, it was either that or take out an old lady walking towards me. So now I have a big hole in my knee, very actractive.

Building work is lovely, I have boulders, a trench (or moat) and we have had 3 skips already. I can't remember the builders names so we have called them Reg, Harry,Ron and Hagrid joined us today and he has no sugar in his tea.

Grace is doing ok, the eflow and tobi seemed to have dried her up considerably which is good.

We are going away this weekend for a few days and she is really looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Tinypoppet said...

Am I right in thinking it's your birthday today? If so happy birthday! If not, blame it on the fact it's my sisters, and so I got confused ;) xx