Wednesday 25 April 2007

First run for two weeks!

I did my first run today for two weeks due to resting because of my knee injury. I went to the gym to do it on the treadmill so that it wasn't too hard on my knee, and it went fine. I ran for 22 minutes and then decided that was enough. During running I thought about doing the cool down and then speeding it up again for another 10 minutes, but then decided I had better take it slowly.

I did some floor exercises, working on my abs and legs, but found the leg raises very difficult. I avoided anything that involved bending my knee and found it all ok. I did 8 lengths of the pool afterwards and found that gave me a couple of twinges so decided to get out, and then said hello to 'Mr Jacuzzi' oooh I have missed it even though I have had the pool in Gran Canaria virtually to myself for a week (apparently I was the only adult stupid enough to brave the cold water).

I haven't signed up for the Hydro Active Challenge yet. I want to do it with Kristi again if she wants to do it, but I found the travelling to Leicester to meet up with other people and sharing with other people all very daunting last year. I am hoping that Kristi and I can just book a room for ourselves and then do our own thing for the weekend.

Grace had a great time in Gran Canaria, it was just what she needed. We encountered a few problems along the way. I bought a frio cool pack and took her dnase with us, but the flight was delayed so long that I had to throw it away when we got there, luckily we could manage without that on for a week.

Although on steroids everyday and a further week of cipro, Grace still continued to be very snotty and a sneeze at any given moment would send us all running for tissues whilst she tried to contain it all behind her hand. She didn't cough much whilst we were away and wasn't producing anything during physio, but just a couple of days into returning home she has started to become loose and producing sputum (did it at the checkout in Morrisons whilst I was packing my shopping) it made the checkout lady panic I can tell you!

I have an appointment today with the GP to discuss the prescription of tobramycin and all other aspects of Graces medication. I still hit a brick wall on occasions so thought it would be a good opportunity to clear all these things up with the senior partner. Grace will then have to do a test dose of tobi on 1st May and they have also told us that if there was no improvement at this time since the nurse last saw her, then she would be starting IV's that week also.

I would also like to send my love and say that my thoughts are with you at this sad time to my friend and driving Instructor Bill, who since my last posting has lost his daughter. She was in the same class as Kristi and was very talented. Sadly murdered in China recently. R.I.P Lyndsay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! 1st comment!
Shouldn't you have called this MoO-ving on? He!He!
Well you're not a comment virgin now on your new blog. Can't believe you done so many posts already.
Hope Grace get's on OK with the Tobi. I don't know what's going on with Saskia's at the mo. Going to have to chase it up.
Know what you mean about the toe treading on blogs etc. So I came up with a policy for myself. It goes something like "It's my blog I'll do and say what I like. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it and liathróidí to you".
As for chocolate eggs, it always has seemed odd to me that a "bunny" goes about dropping chocolate eggs everywhere. Everyone knows they don't drop chocolate eggs.....they drop raisins!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark! thankyou for the comment. I did actually try to put MoO-ving on, but apparently someone beat me to it? It would seem that I am not unique after all x