Monday 9 April 2007

Return from holiday no'1

We returned late last night from Devon. We had a great time even though Grace had to be covered in sunblock due to the cipro. She also recovered from her 'whatever it was she had' very quickly, well the temperatures lifted anyway but she is still very 'snotty' for want of a more technical term (nasaley loose?).

I spoke to the nurse before we set off, she advised that we keep her on cipro and to up her steroids again to 10ml everyday. I totally ignored her obviously, and kept Grace on cipro but never changed the prednisalone, I just felt that she didn't need too. Sometimes I think they just shove more stuff down her neck without giving her the chance to see how she recovers. She would have been due to finish cipro on Wednesday but I might keep her on it until the end of the week and if there is improvement I will put her on augmentin until we get back from holiday no'2.

I have been bogged down with washing and tidying today so there is little chance of any exercise. I can't go to the gym tomorrow as I have to wait in for the community nurse to check Grace out, but hopefully I can get an early morning run.

I have just eaten a monster salad. Whilst away I get sick of the rubbish that you have to endure in restaurants that serve chips with everything. I know there are lots of nicer places to eat but when you have to accomodate faddy children and friends that only normally eat at a 'Toby' restaurant it gets very difficult to find anything on the menu that I actually like, or actually tastes like what you order. I had a steak on the way home last night at a restaurant in Evesham and it was awful!........ and its difficult for Mark to eat anywhere as he doesn't eat bread, or pork or tomatoes and lots of other stuff upset his insides. We went to a theme park on Saturday and he ate an orange and an apple all day.

Grace had plenty of physio over the weekend, she wore herself out running up and down hills, so hopefully her sats will look good tomorrow.

No comments: