Thursday 12 April 2007

My Knee

After yesterdays run my knee, which has felt a bit dodgy for some time, took a bit of a bashing from the impact of the road, coupled with the fact that I decided to cut the grass that was extremely long and really took some effort, is now playing up terribly.

I had virtually no sleep last night as wherever I tried to rest my leg just made it hurt more. We went out for tea and I wore Marks knee support but that just atagonised it and by the time I got home I was very squeamish and shivery.

Today I have managed to limp my way round the Bull ring, trying not to complain because I told Mark my knee was fine, and to be fare it was better than yesterday, but now I'm struggling and a little worried that it might be serious. I am quite cross really because all of the running I have been doing and I have never had any problems because I know my limitations where my knees are concerned (i.e, not bending them) but the personal trainer has convinced me over the last few weeks that I should work on them and that that was the best thing for arthritic knees, but after every session my left knee has felt strange. It feels as if something inside my knee is on a spring and if I bend it I feel like I have to exercise control to stop it from springing back. After yesterday however, it really hurts aswell.

I am afraid to go and get it checked over incase I'm banned from running whilst it recovers, if indeed it can without surgery. Atleast whilst I am in Gran Canaria next week I can swim and relax and try and give it a break.

Grace is still snotty beyond belief, i've never known anything like it, very thick mucous and never ending, we can't go anywhere without packs and packs of tissues. She is also having prednisalone every day now, hopefully that will make a difference. The nurse said she had detected a wheeze on her right side and most definitely will go on IV's when she goes to clinic to trial the tobramycin. If ofcourse its actually prescribed, I have a feeling that there are going to be a few hurdles still, but maybe if I explain to the Dr that its only six months out of a year and also that the promixen will be halved aswell then it will be not such a big chunk of their resources.

Grace is currently at the driving range with Daddy trying out her new clubs and then they are going to the carwash whilst I sit hit quivering at my wobbly knee and looking at the new clothes I've bought to take on my holibobs!

No comments: