Wednesday 4 July 2007

Big sighhhhhhh!

Went to the gym yesterday morning and did a good 30 minute run. On the cool down when there is no incline I decided to speed things up a bit and ran at 10kph instead of the usual 7.5 to 8 that I normally do. It really was good fun and I decided the next time I go I will incorporate it into my routine. I did lots of arm work, these include 3 different weight lifting machines and drops from a bench (they are sort of like backward push ups) from a seated position you lower yourself up and down from the ground back to bench height, but the bingo wings are still swinging.

After that I did some tummy work and stretches and had to make a speedy exit as Grace had a clinic appointment.

Mark has being saying they won't be happy with her when we next go to clinic. She has been breathless so I know her sats would be rubbish, but we, including the Dr's, have resigned ourselves to the fact that they will never go back to what they were, she used to average around 95-96 but these days 88 is good, her lung function wasn't great either and the nurse felt it wasn't from lack of technique because she can do it pretty good these days.

So yesterdays clinic - Sats 88 lung function poor, don't know what it is in percentages but she managed a 0.7 at very best. This prompted Dr S to send her for xray and had a plan to go along with whatever results came back.

We returned from xray to discover large cloudy area and atleast 10 clearly visible mucous plugs. Dr S seems to think that it is pseudo that is the cause, but coughs swabs don't seem to produce much at all. Therefore he decided that a more agressive way of testing the pseudo was what was needed (not sure what that will be yet, but I have some ideas).

Dr S also seemed a little perplexed as to why there was a drastic dip rather than improvement since her last lot of IV's in June and the introduction of Tobi nebulised. Therefore she is back on IV's for 3 weeks from tomorrow plus big increase in steroids and then intensive cipro following the IV's. I really hope that kicks things into touch, and then finally, at long last he prescribed some ranitadine. The dietician has been on to him for ages to let Grace have a months trial and of course the weekends antics was another chance for her to push it.

The sad thing is, my friend works on reception in the xray dept and she booked us and got us through quickly, but commented on how well Grace looked. It really wants to make me tear my hair out, when I saw the xray I couldn't believe it.

We didn't get out of there until 4.20 and her appointment was 1.30 so Grace had to miss her swimming lesson, she was gutted and also she has to miss the next 3.

Poor girly, we actually went to Starbucks afterwards to get a coffee and we parked in a disabled bay because Grace was in pooped mode and I've never seen her so down. Honestly if anyone had tackled me with regard to parking there today I'd have got the xray out of my bag and rammed it down their throat! (Well not really, I'm not violent, its just idle rantings) but the fact that walking upstairs and taking her dress off and ankle socks to get into her nighty last night left her struggling for a while to regain a reasonable chest rise makes me very worried presently.

No comments: