Saturday 21 July 2007

Not blogged for a week

I haven't had a lot of time for blogging this past week, but I have been regularly to the gym even though I have an agonising foot and it keeps swelling up constantly. I have been to the Dr's and they told me to go to A & E as I suspected they would.

Arrived at A&E on Wednesday morning around 9.30, by 1.00pm I decided that I had had enough and wanted the toilet and was hungry so went home. Result, still have a sore foot and no wiser as to whats wrong with it. I still firmly believe that it is flip flop syndrome though.

My running sessions have been a little shorter, but I managed 25 minutes on the treadmill on Thursday morning, I probably could have gone on longer but my foot swelled considerably after Tuesdays session, so I stopped. Not much swelling this time, but still very sore. It feels like very strong bruising on the top of my foot just above my middle toes. My Dad thinks I have gout and my Mum thinks it arthritic, either way I have taken more cod liver oil capsules and avoided pork pie sandwiches and port.

Grace is coming to the end of her IV course, due to finish Tuesday. She still has a cough which is very loose and seems to be coming from very deep down. Hopefully the muck has all but been lifted to the surface and will clear up now. Her breathing doesn't seem to be any better and her Sats were 90%, so there is a slight improvement, but I just get the impression that it doesn't really matter how many courses of IV's she has, they just don't seem to have an effect.


We have decided not to go to America. Grace has had a really tough year this year and I think the long haul and the general travelling around to see all of the sights may well just prove to be too tiring for her. So instead I think a nice warm October Tenerifeee holiday is in order, very relaxing and lots of playing in the pool in the sunshine......



Graces afternoon treatment of ceftazadine and tobramycin just about to be prepared.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

25 Min's on the treadmill? OMG! How inadequate do I feel LOL!

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your foot. Has your gym got a physio or could they recommend one?

Like the pic, cute as ever LOL! I take it Grace doesn't mind posing for the camera?

Mark