Wednesday 15 October 2008

I've had a busy time since last blogging. I was invited to a birthday party last Friday, well actually Mark and I were invited but Mark had to attend a stag party on the same night so I decided that I would go alone as it was unmissable. Then Mark was commandeered to drive as he doesn't drink alcohol and I had to cadge a lift with some friends.

I am so glad that I did, the party was at an Arabian restaurant called 'Habibi'. I don't know if its a chain or just a one off restaurant in Coventry, but what a great place! We went through a small brown insignificant door to a building that I have probably passed lots of times and never acknowledged. From there we went through to the rear of the building into a Bedouin type tent with rugs on the floor and masses of material draped over the walls and from the ceiling. In the middle of the tent was huge sort of pit with a fire burning and on the tables were those peculiar hooka bong pipes, and after dinner many of the guests tried them out, they were generally herbal and one smelled strongly of apple, but I didn't have a go.

We had a selection of Arabian dishes and we had to take our own wine/beer etc, but it was just a fantastic time sitting on very low cushioned seating (except my knees didn't like it) and that was followed by baklava for dessert and a hot fruity tea served in teapots that looked like a genie might pop out if they were acidentally rubbed....... highly reccomended evenings entertainment.

I've been to a Childminder briefing this evening to get all the neccessary bumff to get me started on my training, and also to try and understand the 'ins' and 'outs' of Ofsted.

Grace went to clinic yesterday and they are still very pleased with her, she is due to finish IV's on Thursday.

I went for a run on Sunday and was very pleased with my progress, I am also going to the gym tomorrow morning whilst I have a spare half day.

I am selling diddy Xmas cakes again this year, but would like to spare a thought for a close friend who's very newly born Grandson died at just two days old last week, so the money raised this year will be going to 'Jimmys neonatal' in Leeds.

Muchly in need of some sleep now, it seems that these days I only get to blog very late at night.

Good night, God bless xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

considering the state of graces health do you think it a good idea that you are training to be a childminder taking in snotty nosed kids coughing all over her? not a critisism, just a thought.

Gilly said...

Grace spends her whole day at school with snotty nosed kids coughing all over her. Unfortunately the world is full of snotty nosed kids and unfortunately I need to earn money, being a childminder gives me the opportunity to earn and keep an eye on Grace at the same time.

Incidentally being out and about in germ world helps build up immunities you know...

Shame that you felt the need to remain anonymous. I might have understood where you were coming from if I'd have known who you were.

This is not something that I have taken lightly and consider myself to be very sensible and precautionary, I would advise parents with sick children not to send them and would be in control of the situation, unlike school where all in sundry send their kids whilst still on antibiotics for chest infections, tonsilitis etc and pop in daily to administer them!

Graces health is currently very good.

suzie said...

Hiya Gilly,

That Arabian party sounded brill, I could do sitting round the floor no problem.

You have many positive things going on in your life hunni and well done you for making them happen.

I've forgotten how it feels to run, do an extra one for me would you ;-)

Much love, always.
xxx

Post Pals said...

Ive just found your blog (via beckys) so thought I would sign to say "Hi". I've not come across a restaurant like that in Surrey, I'll have to look out for one as it sounds quite an experience!

Emmie said...

Hello lovely Gilly! I would love to order one of your mini Xmas cakes and think its for a great cause! Can you let me know the details? Yum, yum, I'm getting hungry already, I LOVE Xmas cake haha!

Sending a big hug to one very fantastic Mummy ;o)

xxxxxxxx