Thursday 23 October 2008

Ok, this could be a litle in-coherant (sp?) as I have had a large baileys, a glass of very vinegary house red and one and a half g and t's. The one and a half g and t's is due to a win on the pub quiz,we won four pints or 8 halves, which we managed to wangle as a half of bitter, a g and t and a bag of nuts, of which my friend 'R' and I split the gin and tonic, good job because if I drank anything else..... I am struggling to spell presently.

Anyway, we won and thats all that counts.....

DEBATE

Ibuprofen-

Grace takes 10ml of ibuprofen bd. Since taking it she has been considerably well, but her steroids have been lowered and she has been trialling clarythromycin (contributaries to her wellness).

The ibruprofen was introduced due to her aching joints, but seems not to be able to manage without it.

Question

What are your opinions on long term ibuprofen?

Grace seems to be the best she has ever been whilst taking it, but generally there are concerns regarding bleeds and ulcers.

Opinions muchly appreciated

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't worry. Your Dr's will be looking for any ill effects as a matter of course. Ibuprofen is quite tried and tested. As you know, you can get side effects with any drug taken long term. 10ml sounds like quite a small dose to me and if I'm right is the equivalent to 10mg which is a 20th of a standard tablet or capsule which are 200mg. As an adult at 6'5" & 20 stone I can take 600mg 3 times per day long term (Dr's orders)and have had to for various reasons in the past couple of years. Quite frankly any less than 600mg does nothing for me. Normal over the counter guidelines say don't exceed 1200mg per day.

Unknown said...

Ps.

"when I say pub, you say quiz!.....Pub!....."

Gilly said...

Quiz!.......

Thanks for the ibuprofen comments, I knew you would be the one with the expert advice.

Gilly x

Unknown said...

I've only just realised, when you said 10ml bd you were talking about the amount rather than the strength.

I must have had one too many stupid pills.

So, what does the bottle actually say, out of interest? It should have something like 250/5 or 250mg in 5ml on the label on the bottle or packet.
So, just for eg. 250/5 would then be 500mg bd because you would be giving 10ml twice a day.


"When I'm saying the pub, you saying the quiz....The pub!..."