Wednesday 10 October 2007

Is it Wednesday already?

I can't believe its Wednesday already. The week has flown by so quickly. I suppose I have had so much to do and the builders being here all day means that I have extra to do when they have gone.

With regards to builders, progress since the last report - I have handles on the cupboards now. They asked me to purchase paint today but I refused on the principle that it was pointless painting when they hadn't finished the plastering yet. So today they are doing the plastering, honestly if women were builders there would be so much more organisation, possibly a lot more electrical related deaths, but definitely more organisation. I shouldn't say that really as my daughter, who is already an engineer has now moved into electrical training, but still I would think twice about letting her straighten my hair (not really Krinks).

Grace finishes her steroid booster today and her IV's on Friday, she seems to have a little more stamina than normal, but we'll see once everything has gone from her system.

Its very hard when people ask me if she is better now. I really don't know how to reply. I just keep saying its hard to tell until the treatments have finished and she is back to her normal routine, its easier, theres never really a straight forward answer thats, well, short.

When I told my Mum she had to go into hospital last week she asked "why has she been ill then?" (insert goggled eyed face here).

Generally though, she is back in school and has coped pretty well. She doesn't look good though, very very pale, infact the worst I have seen her palour ever. She is still having 10ml salt solution twice a day and she has told me that she feels much worse if she doesn't have it.

On Sunday we have to measure her saturations during the night, and the nurse will collect the recording on Monday morning. This is part of the tests that were a result of the meeting in BCH so atleast we can say that things are moving along even if we don't get to the bottom of it.

I have been to the gym this morning and ran myself into oblivion (either that or murder a builder).

The postal strike has thrown things upside down for me in a major way and I haven't sent my nieces birthday card off on time..... so this is a grovelling HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLEY! from Aunty MoO xxxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello MoOx,
Thanks for the birthday wishes. I hope Gracie-Lou is keeping her chin up. I can send you my boxing gloves if you want to take care of the builders??
Love and hugs,
Sheddle

Anonymous said...

Hello! Its lovely to hear from you, I hope you had a good time in Vegas and my great niece has not turned to gambling now!

Glad to hear you are keeping up with the kick boxing. You can send the gloves, it would be very helpful. I will put 'A's stuff in the post this week so hopefully she should get it in time for 26th.

Hugs and kisses to you all,
MoOx