Thursday 18 October 2007

Where does the time go?

Tuesday I went to the gym, I ran for about 15 minutes before the community nurse rang to see if I had remembered our appointment. I was a bit confused and said I could only think of the clinic appointment, but that wasn't until 16 October. To which she started to laugh and asked me what day I thought it was.

So then I had to call Mark to get Grace out of school and meet me at the hospital. Clinic appointment didn't go well, after two weeks of IV's Grace is full of the cold and her nose has been streaming (strangely though, it always does after IV's) her chest very crackly and the conclusion from the Dr was disapointing. We are still waiting for appointments at BCH with regard to tests that need to be done.

We left clinic and due to me not doing cool down stretches and just running to the changing rooms, I was so stiff I could hardly get out of my chair. So yesterday morning I went back to the gym, did a 30 minute run, spent some time on the cross trainer and did some abs work.

I arrived home to find the floor tiles finished off but not grouted, the wall grouted and the electrics to that side of the room back on, but no builders. I phoned to find out if it was safe to walk on that side of the room and the builder said to leave it about an hour and it should be fine and that he would see me in the morning.

Took Grace to school this morning and the plan was to go out for the whole day as Mark was off. As usual we had to hang around for the builders because we didn't want to go out and leave the door unlocked. By 10.30 we tried phoning them but there was no answer so we just locked them out and left a message to ring us if they turned up. They eventually phoned at 5.00 with some excuse about an emergency boiler problem elsewhere and forgetting mobile phones, to which I replied if they didn't turn up tomorrow I was putting the cement mixer in the skip.

Tomorrow I am going to the gym again, but to be honest its just because I don't want to be in when the builders are there and considering the stress its causing me I've lost lots of weight..... well atleast something good has come out of it.

No comments: