Monday 29 October 2007

Lapland

We are going to Lapland on 18 December!! I am terrified. I've heard from everyone that I have spoken to that its rubbish and a big let down and you have to wear thermal underwear and snow gear all the time because it is so cold, which isn't an issue for me, but we are taking Grace whom has crap lungs already. What are we doing?

We could be back on 23 December with a little girl that needs admitting to hospital because she is poorly and extremely disappointed........ On the other hand though it is her wish and the Make a wish foundation are doing all of it and we are extremely grateful and it will probably be great.

After I have got that off my chest its very plain to see how a simple trip with a child with CF can scare the living daylights out of you. I am sure we will have a fantastic time and I am now leaving space at the bottom for lots of comments of reassurance. Isn't it amazing that when ever you speak to someone they have been there and done it and it was rubbish? Not one person has said it will be lovely and you will have a great time. I've got a furrowed brow now.............

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello MoOx,
Lapland sounds absolutely wonderful! What a perfect treat for a little girl at Christmas time, we are so jealous, I'm sure you will have a great time! Hope G-Lou is over her fever and feeling better and hope you can see light at the end of the kitchen tunnel!
Thanks for the great presents for the birthday girl, she loved everything! Talk to you soon,
Love Sheddle
xoxoxox

Helen said...

hi,
just had to leave you a comment to tell you that I've visited lapland twice through a charity-both day trips. I had an excellent time both times I went and throughly enjoyed myself as did my mum. Yes it is quite cold so layers are an excellent idea but that is nothing in comparison to the fun you will hopefully have!

I got to meet santa both times and I got given a present which you were allowed to open then! also got to go on a sled ride that was pulled by huskies, stroke santas reindeer, meet eskimo type people and do some of their old traditiony things ( i cant fully remember but my mum ended up with some paint marking on her face and drinking what i think was some sort of warmed up milk). I also got to ride on the back of a snowmobile and dragged around on a sled so I didnt have to walk!!

Definitely lots of fun. a most also is to go to the post office where you can get your passport stamped, post a letter to santa and get your childs name written down for a personalised reply back for free and you also get to see santas elves sorting through the letters hes been sent into piles of naughty and nice children!!

Well you could do all that when I went when I was 11 anyway!

suzie said...

The memory of going to Lapland for Grace will be fantabulous, its only us parents who home in on the negatives and worry ourselves stupid. Beleive me Gilly an experience like this is worth its weight in gold, its quality stuff for mental wellbeing.

Thinking of you hunni, I know its not easy to make these decisions.

xxx

Tinypoppet said...

hey Gilly

I think this is a lovely and fantastic opportunity and you are right to be going. Yes she may come back with an infection but to be honest she's just as likely to going on a plane to anywhere. Hopefully she won't do and you will all have a truly magical pre christmas treat that she will cherish forever. love to you moo xx