Thursday 11 October 2007

Isn't it strange........

How you can live all of your life in the same city and recognise a building thats always been there, but never visited it?

Today because it was Marks day off and the builders are virtually up our noses, we decided to spend the day out, just anywhere where they were not. We had a coffee at Starbucks and did a bit of food shopping for tea (shopping daily at the moment as we still can't put food supplies in the cupboards yet)and then struggled to think what to do next. A friend had asked me to meet her last week for a coffee at a local Antiques place, but I reminded her that Grace was going to be in and out of hospital that week and it would be difficult. So when faced with the dilema of where to go next the antiques place sprang to mind.

Well what a shock! It has been there for as long as I can remember and its a 20 minute walk from my house and I have never ever been. Firstly there was a small shop with some quite nice homewares in and I saw a very nice lamp for my hallway and Mark also found some very nice chairs for his new 'play room' (thats in quotes because thats what he calls it) and then we had a coffee and a cake in the the lovely restaurant which did paninis and home made soup and all of the cakes were homemade. I had coffee and walnut gateaux and Mark had carrot cake.

From there we decided to look around at the vast amount of garden furniture and gazebos and water features etc. Mark asked if I would like to have a look at the antiques and reproduction area and me being the nosey person that I am, had to have a look. Marks first impression was that we would never find anything to go in our new, very modern kitchen area, but I always like to mix old and new............ I eventually had to try and stop him from buying a green leather chesterfield sofa because I just didn't think it would fit.

I have decided from now on, that I am going to visit a lot more places of interest in and around our city that I've always known have been there but never got round to it....... sounds a bit like one of your posts Suzie. Starting this week with the Motor Museum. Grace was supposed to be going there last Wednesday on a school trip but a hospital trip stopped her from going.

1 comment:

suzie said...

Oooooow Gilly there are so many places to visit, so many more people to meet and so very much to do, I get very excited about all the stuff thats just waiting to be done in this world. I discovered a reclamation yard just a mile from me, its an alladin's cave.

Happy doing more things and I'll take you up on your offer to teach me poker, I'll keep it quiet and rob these buggers blind cos they'll think I don't have a clue.......hahahaha.

xxx