Friday 5 October 2007

Quick update

This has to be reasonably quick because I am exhausted and going to bed. I have electricity in the kitchen, so I have lights and I can see in there at night, on top of that I now have a dishwasher, tumble dryer, washing machine (such bliss) and a double oven and a hob, and, they are all working.

As I have had cupboard doors fitted today I have taken the opportunity to empty my dining table of my kitchen cupboard interiors(and dining floor and any other area in the dining room).

Tomorrow I can start cleaning everywhere, although I still have to have wall tiling and floor tiling done, a little bit more plastering and a few cupboards need finishing off, but I can feel things getting back to normal.

Whilst this has been going on, Grace has spent a week in hospital, it was meant to be a few days, but she got pretty poorly and they kept her in. Then they let her go home and then panicked and thought she would have to be re-admitted again, but I filled her full of salt and packets of crisps and she made a slow recovery. She is much better today, but exhaustion sets in very quickly.

As we were able to get out of the back door this evening, Grace has spent a little time on the trampoline. This was Kristi's idea, and it was shortly after eating her tea (which I cooked myself in the oven for the very first time) and had a massive coughing fit. I shouted at them both and told them they would have to clean up vomit themselves from between the meshy bits if they didn't stop before she was sick. This totally wore her out and she struggled to do physio and fell asleep in the middle.

I have cleaned and cleaned myself into oblivion this evening and also entertained Grace and done IV's. Mark has gone out with a friend for a curry as it was his birthday last weekend and we spent it in hospital.

After a gruelling week, Grace has to have another admission soon for a bronc a CT scan a barium swallow thingy, a upper GI endoscopy, a probe thingy and i'm sure there is something else to add to that?? she will glow in the dark!

I'm going to make myself a cup of tea, go to bed and read a book for a while, well atleast until the smell of dettox has faded from my memory..........

2 comments:

suzie said...

Phew! Gilly you have your hands full at the mo don't you hun. Sending much love and a massive (((HUG))) for you and Gracie.
Catch you soon.
xxx

Unknown said...

Blimey, Gill!! Sounds like you've got a lot on.
I will get round to mailing you soon.
We moved on 6th Aug. Sas is in atm and spent a couple of days down in Cardiff at The Heath due to dodgy port, but we're back local now.
Chat soon!!!!