Wednesday 2 May 2007

02 May 2007

Went to the gym yesterday. I did around 22 minutes on the treadmill, and did some floor work. I worked on abs and arms. I have been pestered by the personal trainer all week and eventually I told her yesterday that my knee was hurting due to her insistance that I keep doing exercises on it. She told me to stay off the treadmill,but I have been running on it since returning from holiday and have had no ill effects from it, she has now advised me to see a physio. I know this, but I don't really want to find out whats wrong with it incase it means big surgery or something that is going to put me out of action for a while. Anyway as long as I can run that will do me.

We went out for tea last night for Fayes birthday to WingWahs Chinese restaurant (a big favourite with the children because of the chocolate fountain) and I ate far too much so I will have to run my socks off tomorrow.

Grace went to clinic yesterday, mainly the appointment was arranged so that she could do a test dose of tobramycin, but unfortunately even though I put the prescription into the pharmacy a week ago, it is still proving difficult for them to get it. They still saw her and her lung function and sats had improved marginally. However she still had signs of a wheeze on her left lung so IV's are starting next Thursday and also it will give them the opportunity to try the tobi up on the ward whilst she is being accessed. She is also going to try meropenum instead of tobramycin IV's, one that she hasn't had before so hopefully there will be a noticeable improvement. I think that she has just become immune to them all, still it doesn't bother her any presently.

I have been asked to mention our family friend 'Dave' in my blog as he has just become an Internetee? he has only just gone on to broad band internet and has never had it before, so he says he isn't going to read my blog unless he is mentioned in it. So here goes - Dave, Dave,Dave, Dave,Dave Dave, Dave and finally Dave.........

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Gilly!
Definitely see a physio. They have all sorts of tricks up their sleeve to treat stress injuries and so on, not saying that is what you have, but it could just be your joint needs working on to strengthen it up by doing some specific extra exercises. I've had one work on my ankles with me. He's even done acupuncture. I can't recommend it enough. Do it NOW or what you fear may be the end result of doing nothing.

Hope Grace gets on OK with the Mero (the antibiotic, not the old Dublin cinema cos that would be silly)and hope the Tobi does her good too.
Sas has finished her course of IV's now, but our local is still concerned about her lung function. This could still be down to inexperience or no effort so they are leaving it up to TC (her main consultant) when he sees her in a couple of weeks for annual review. They also want an opinion on the grey area that has remained on her X-Ray after IV's, but think it may be down to aspergillus again. We will also chase up what's going on with our Tobi.
By the way TC has no bearing on the consultants name in case you where wondering. It just stands for Top Cat.

Mmmm chocolate, good for those low times and an excellent antidepressant or so I'm told. Also good for the after effects of Dementors.

As for Dave, what you have said reminds me of the first infamous Red Dwarf episode (See my myspace for the clip, "They're dead Dave"). It sort of goes "They're dead Dave, they're all dead Dave, Dave they're dead" yada, yada, yada He he!
I'll leave you and you blog alone now before I wright an answer of equal length to your post.....Tara!