Tuesday 8 May 2007

Change of plan

I didn't manage to get to the gym this morning. Grace woke up at 6.15 and said she was really cold. I checked her temp and gave her some calpol. She was 37.4 so not too hot but she didn't look too good.

So she is off school today. Instead, because I was already up, I left Grace in bed with Mark and decided to go for a run before he went to work,who knows when I'll get another chance? I might get out tomorrow morning but its Marks only time off until Thursday and then we will probably be at the hospital all day collecting medication and getting port access and testing out tobi on the new eflow etc etc.

My run was very invigourating, especially when its really windy, you get your cobwebs well and truly blown out, and it also gives me time to run off anything that has really gotten on my nerves or bothered me so that I am distracted. I ran for 19 minutes without a break, which I am pleased with, its less than I am used to, but I don't want to over strain my knee. I walked for another 2 minutes and then ran for a further 6 minutes. I did some cool down exercises and stretches and a few abs. M phoned me later in the day to make sure I had done my exercises because she hadn't seen me at the gym.

When I went shopping in Solihull last week, we bought a Bonsai, its lovely and very therapeutic, I keep it on the windowsill in the kitchen and I will take a photo to post here so that I can remind myself of its progress.

As I am unable to go out today I tried to do the shopping on line. It went very well and I couldn't believe how easy it was. However, when I went to arrange a slot to have it delivered they didn't have one available until Thursday which is rubbish considering I need my supplies today! I will have to wait for Faye to come home from college so that she can stay with Grace whilst I shop. Mark is working until 9.00 this evening now that its late night racing, still I shouldn't complain we had a lovely day out at Warwick racecourse yesterday, I didn't have much luck but a 9-1 winner saved me from disaster. Grace on the other hand won £15 on the last race because the horse was called 'Jill'. She soon put that in her piggy bank when she got home.

This last piece is dedicated to Chris Pearson, he is currently fighting for his life and his Mum is a good friend and she and indeed her entire family are struggling. I really hope that Chris can find the strength to pull through. He had a double lung transplant last year about 12 days before we did the HAWC and came on in leaps and bounds and baffled all of the Dr's by his progress. I'm sending positive thoughts and get well thoughts and really wish that he could do it again...... Lots of love and wishes to all the family and fingers and toes and everything crossed here at the Lombard house hold.

No comments: