Monday 28 May 2007

Rotten weather good weekend

After collecting Grace from school on Friday we decided to go to Stratford Racecourse for the night meeting. We took the deckchairs and some Pimms (buy one get one free at Morrisons). In the first race and the last race there were horses running with 'Harry' in their name. I always back a 'Harry' because thats my Dads name.

I chose the first one as my main horse because it was a good price but then ended up as favourite, well it won, but I didn't have much on it. The next four races I chose 2nd but because they were all short odds I had to have them to win except for a 5-2 which I had each way but only got my money back.

On the last race I chose Mikado as my main horse (Tony McCoy was the jockey) - my Mother-in-law calls him sh*t McCoy because he always lets you down when you don't want him to. I also thought I would stick a fiver each way on 'Champagne Harry' at 20-1 and guess who won? I won a few quid back and gave some to my Dad when I saw him on Saturday because it was his fault that I won it, he was very chuffed.

On Saturday we did the usual tap and ballet class in the morning. Generally I read the paper and drink coffee and chat to the other Mums whilst Grace does her classes and then we went home for lunch. I cut the grass which was a good job because I think it has rained solidly since, paid a visit to my parents and then on to Marks parents.

Sunday we did nothing, we stayed in and I dusted off the cooker and made Sunday lunch (still recovering from the shock) and the children just played draughts and ps2 games all day. Our friends texted to say they had bought a new kitten called 'Lilly' and she came from Handsworth. I thought she was really cute and they told me that she had a brother and two sisters that also needed homes, but Mark was having none of it, he hates pets. Today Grace and Faye are home, and I am dedicating today to tidying up and ironing.

Tomorrow I will hit the gym very early so that hopefully if the weather is a little better we can go to Warwick Castle for the day.

Grace has been well since coming off IV's, she has complained about a pain in her breast. I think its because of the plaster that goes over her port, but I can't help but think about port infections. I keep touching it and she curls away from me, so it must be quite painful, she says its better today than the last two days but still very guarded. She doesn't mind if I touch the actual port area, just above it. Hopefully its nothing and things will go back to normal.

No comments: