Friday 25 May 2007

Another household disaster

Why is it that whenever you have a job done on your home it opens a whole can of worms? We had the bathroom done a few months back and it looks really lovely, but apparently a faulty washer caused us to need a new kitchen ceiling. The builders have been here for two days removing the boarding and replacing it and skimming the ceiling. They are also going to paint the rest of the room for us. This in turn caused another knock on effect where by the decorator tried to scrape the 'sticky up bits' off the walls whilst preparing them. What he thought was a sticky up bit turned out to be a cable sticking out of the wall and he blew himself across the kitchen and blew out all of the electrics.

When the electrician arrived he said it would seem that the people that lived here before us decided to do their very own electric botch job of wiring up the cooker hood themselves and consequently nearly killed the painter. He did say however that as long as we didn't use the cooker hood (which we never do for some reason) it would be ok until the extension is started in the next few weeks because that wall will be knocked out anyway. Phew! thank goodness for wallpaper scrapers with wooden handles.

I have been to the gym this morning, 'M' wasn't there so I worked alone on the treadmill and did 30 minutes running, 36 minutes in total with warm up and cool down. I then used the exercise ball to do some abs and a few leg raises, but not many because I couldn't lift my leg with the dodgy knee too much today. Maybe its because I have been lengthening my runs recently, who knows what sets it off. That was all I had time for because the painter texted me to say he would be there for 11.30 and I had to get a move on.

Grace had her IV access removed yesterday morning and she spent hours in the bath last night and washed her hair, I then had to smother her in moisturiser and paint her toe nails and finger nails. Her toes are pink with gold glitter and her fingers are alternating bronze and turquoise. Lovely!!

I am off to Stratford racecourse this evening for a bit of recreational stuff and a bit of shouting at Mr McCoy (if he's there, haven't even checked the racecard yet) and on that note I had better get to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bloody hell! Gill! Sounds like the decorator was well lucky!

Have you seen a physio yet like I told you too?
I'm pain free now thanks to mine.

The nails sound lovely! LOL!