Wednesday 23 May 2007

Cat poop!

Grace went to clinic yesterday, it was mainly to check her tobi levels and decide whether or not she needs to remain on IV's.

She had lost some weight (which is not surprising) she did not have much of an apetite whilst on meropenum, and the nebulised tobi has been making her feel a bit dodgy for a while after using it. She also seemed to have lost some height aswell? I think they must have used a different machine to normal.

Her lung function was about the same as it normally is (because she just hasn't quite mastered it yet) but her cough was dry and there was no wheeze heard, so generally they have decided that she will stop IV's tomorrow after her morning dose. She is very pleased about this because she has missed her 'run' after school everyday, she has been walking around the field with the other girls, but is desparate to get running again. It makes me laugh when she comes out of school and says to her friends "are we doing the run?" there is around 6 girls that do it with her now, its lovely that they show their support at such a young age.

I went to the gym yesterday and did a pleasing 30 minutes on the treadmill, some floor work, which included using the exercise ball (I love the exercise ball) and some work on my arms, I used the weights and then lowered myself off the bench to do a sort of a push up but backwards (as if I was lowering myself from the bench to the floor and then back up again) really effective on the upper arms. I also managed to have a swim and a spell in the jacuzzi.

I decided that today, whilst I had the opportunity, I would go to the gym again. Tomorrow I have to stay in whilst the kitchen ceiling is re-boarded and re-skimmed and I had planned to go the gym Friday anway, so I will have done the 3 sessions I had planned to do.

So today I did 35 minutes on the treadmill, I am working my way up to 6k, so far I have been doing a little over 4k, but I want to do atleast once a week out on the road to see if I can maintain it there also. I did some more arms work and used the exercise ball again form my sit ups and then did some leg raises. The first 10 were fine but on the second 10 I found my knee was playing up and only managed 8.

Did lots of work on the garden yesterday and it is looking very tidy, I just need to get some new plants now. I was told to keep 'box' as it was very easy to maintain and virtually impossible to kill (well I have just proved them wrong). Actually I am generally quite good with plants, its just that sometimes when I have fitted in all of the other chores for the day, I just can't be bothered with gardening, I know its supposed to be therapeutic but it just bloody annoys me. I find that no matter how hard you work, its never ending and after a couple of days it looks like a jungle again, and as for the cats in this area, I don't know why they can't just go and poop in their own garden. I think a law should be passed to keep them on a leash the same as dogs that way the owners can be responsible for their own pet poop eeeeyyaccck! If i'd wanted to clean up pet poop I would live on a farm...... anyway moan over for the day and back to maintaining the garden

No comments: