Wednesday 23 May 2007

NEWS FLASH!!

I have just had to make another posting today, I have just realised that exactly one year ago today I began training for the Hydro Active Challenge. For some reason I thought it was 26 May, but just checked it and was shocked that I almost missed it!

http://this-is-for-grace.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html

It all seems like such a long time ago now. I really wish I could do it again, but the fact that I am struggling to find anyone to manage Grace this year whilst I am away, and possibly struggling to get Kristi to go this year, plus I found it very distressing last year that only one member of my family sponsored me and that was someone who lives half way around the world and not a local family member that I see regularly. Very sad indeed. I also found that I wanted to do different things to everyone else last time, and would probably benefit more if I went on my own, I don't mean it in an unkind way, I love peoples company, but I'm not very good at speaking up and say 'well I don't want to do that' and end up going along with everyone elses plans.

So because of the this and thats, I will probably not be going this year. But I wish all the luck in the world to the people that are going and will be with you all in spirit and will make my own personal sponsor.

Good luck to everyone

1 comment:

suzie said...

Flippin heck Gilly I was going to dig a book out tonight but catching up with your blog has filled the gap perfectly. Always do what feels right hun, We'll miss you at the Hydro but what the hell, we can do coffee and cake sometime eh!!

Take care chuck
Sue x