Thursday 26 June 2008

Coming together



Grace has had her port re-accessed by the nurse and is back on IV's until Tuesday, she seems pretty well albeit still getting joint pain despite the steroids. This makes me wonder is it worth doing them as nothing else but anti inflammatorys seem to work.

I am still waiting for my friend to work out how to email me photographs from BGT. I took some which I will post today, but the zoom wouldn't work on my camera so they look a little like a Lowri painting.

I went to Fayes end of year performance and was very entertained, although the drama group performances always shock me with their swearing.

Today Harry 'O' (my Dad) went to surgery and had a pacemaker fitted and when I phoned at 12.00pm he was sitting up having lunch! Blimey there'll be no stopping him now, the squirrels in the garden had better run for cover.

I've been to the gym and did 26 mins on the treadmill and a further 20 on the cross trainer - Suzie try level 12 for 2 minutes, phew!!

I have requested details for a house in Devon and Mark and I (and Grace of course) are planning on travelling down on 12 July to have a look at a few on the market. I'm still very undecisive about this, but I've always wanted to move to the coast one day. I have to take into consideration that we will be going down jobless until Mark starts advertising and getting jobs (painting and decorating, we have put some money aside to cover us during the first couple of months. Mark has worked on and off with his best friend in the trade, and completely knows what he is doing, but it still really scares me.
Graces cf care is another consideration and I have emailed relevant hospitals. We have looked at schools and I would need to find a nice pharmacist and a GP that is happy to add Graces stuff to his budget.

My home here is complete and perfect, well more or less, I would probably have the front garden converted into an off road parking area. This makes it hard to give up, so I am looking for a property that needs nothing more than cosmetic surgery and I am totally happy with bathrooms and kitchens etc, those builders certainly left me with a bad taste in my mouth.
Grace says she will miss her friends but is sure that she wants to do it, Faye is off to Uni anyway so she wouldn't be around for a while and Kristi just said "great, free holidays"! Adam is of an age where he has started to be a little independant and feels obliged to turn down days out with friends because he has to spend the weekend with his Dad, so we felt that if he visited monthly he gets 3 weekends out of 4 where he can please himself so making it less pressure, and obviously school holidays, well Adam and sea are 2 words that are difficult to separate.

So why then am I turning this over and over in my head having days when I'm absolutely going and then days when I'm absolutely not? (In the voice of the Grinch) Errrrrrrrrr thats a tough one! I am going to have to ask for help on this one from my friend 'God'



Click on the little box to see George, its the only way I could do a big enough picture, and Faye is on the far right of her picture.

1 comment:

suzie said...

Hiya Gilly,

I can so understand why you are not finding it easy to commit 100% to moving, its a huge change and the more you think about it the more scary it seems. I'm sure you'll come to a decision soon and hey hun nothing is set in stone, if you don't settle you can move back.

I couldn't do 30 seconds on that cross trainer thing at the moment let alone 2 minutes, I haven't been to the gym for erm.....a long time.

Take care hunni.
Big (((HUG))) n lots of love.
x