Tuesday 19 June 2007

Royal Ascot

The Golf courseGraces umbilical cord

When you are drunk and you have more than one blog, its very difficult to keep track of where you are.

My Royal Ascot attempt today was rubbish. What I thought was second favourite was actually second to last, and the rest were long shots..... very long shots. Note to self, must do better tomorrow.

Went to the gym this morning and did a 4.22k run (i've taken a liking to measuring my runs in k's). It took 30 minutes. I stopped there because I was with 'M', she always does a 10 minute warm up and a 20 minute run and so that we can do the gym together, I always comply with this. We did some arms and abs and showered and then had a coffee and a very long chat about the weekend and stuff.

Strangely we both went to see Fantastic 4 at the same time and didn't even know we were in the same cinema audience. Very good film indeed and Grace didn't need to go to the toilet once, although we both had fish food and cookie dough and were both wearing white t'shirts (not good in the dark) anyway vanish took out the stains.


Anyway because I couldn't get to Ascot this week, I decided that champagne was very much called for, hence the wandery post. Next is big hat day, so watch this space for photos. Whilst on the subject of photos, I have taken some pictures as promised from previous posts.

Grace has been swimming today and she said that she found it very difficult, and to be honest when I came down to the pool side to collect her, I could see how she was struggling to get her breath even from a distance. I assured her though that it was very good exercise and she agreed with me.

She asked me when I was born today, when I replied "1962" she said " thats quite near to the great fire of London"!!!!!.......Kids!

2 comments:

klutz4eva said...

She sounds like a sweet kid!

Unknown said...

Great fire of London LOL! Bless!
I'm a 69'er