Wednesday 13 June 2007

Yesterday was a gym day (well by gym day I just mean treadmill day). I had an awful day the day before and I took it out on the treadmill. I ran for a long time and did nothing else other than a shower and a coffee.

I was with my friend 'M' and we totally agreed that exercise is amazing for stress release. I had a bit of a stressful Monday and running really helps to forget about it.

On Sunday a good day at stratford racecourse gave me the opportunity to purchase a new vacuum cleaner so today I am like a kid with a new toy and have gone beserk with it. I've used every attachement on it. I just need to be as enthusiastic about the ironing now.

Grace lost her first tooth on Monday night. Its amazing how excited she got about having a hole in her smile. Infact she was so excited that she struggled to stay asleep all night and consequently found the money left by the fairies at 3am and came in with a big toothless grin to show me. I was polite and told her to go back to bad until a reasonable hour. Emilys most recent post about keepsakes of childhood memories, which is something I believe strongly in after my Mother threw away everything I ever posessed when I lived at home with my parents. Grace has files with her age or Reception, year 1 etc written on them and we have kept virtually every picture she has ever brought home. But this sparked us to start rumaging through the bin looking for her tooth! It looked awful and bloody and quite grubby inside, so we thought better of it and put it back in the bin.

What crazy parents we are. Infact if I can find it, I will photograph and post a picture of Graces umbillicol cord which we still have in a box with her hospital wrist band that says 'baby Lombard' on it. (what were we thinking?).........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have the remains of all 3 of our girls umbilical cords along with snippets of hair from their first cuts, hospital tags etc I even made sure we got 3 different news papers on the days they where all born as I think it will be nice to look back on what was going on the day they arrived in the world. We have kept teeth too if they have not been lost.

I had to chuckle at your getting excited over your new vac. I can just imagine Mark trying it on with something else...."Ooh look Gill! A new washing up bowl! Look how shiny it is!" LOL! :p I'll go now and await the cyberslap from you heading in my direction sometime soon, HA!