Friday 22 June 2007

Take That

Yesterday I went to the gym, I did a 30 minute run and it was very hot even with the air conditioning right over head. Also my hay fever has been bad for the last couple of days, my eyes have been itchy beyond belief, and I get some tightness in my chest which was apparent whilst I was running. I wasn't going to let it defeat me though and did my full run. I decided to skip any floor work today though and instead had a nice swim and half an hour in the jacuzzi.

This week at the gym I have taken to having coffee and lunch upstairs afterwards whilst reading the paper and choosing my horses for Ascot. So far though I have had no winners, not even a place. I must try harder today and win back some money as I am going out tonight, to the Hilton Hotel to see a Take That tribute band. Not entirely my cup of tea as anyone who knows me would know I'd probably prefer to see a Sex Pistols or Black Sabbath tribute band, but I was lured by food and alcohol and generally a good giggly night out with the girls.

I've had my hair cut again today and coloured, its quite a dark brown this time, but with some bronzey sun kissed highlights (so I am reliably informed by the hairdresser). So I am sympathising with a friend today who hates female hairdressers. Today's haircut was a spur of the moment thing which meant any of my favourite stylists were not available. I prefer men to cut my hair as a rule, I just think they are better. But today it was cut by a little girl that I had never seen before, she was tiny, at one point she went to get a stool to kneel up to finish the back! but did she waffle on, crikey, she knows where I'm going tonight, where I'm going Sunday, where I'm going for my holiday, what my husband does for a living.... she would be perfect for the Spanish inquisition.

Anyway during this time she was blow drying my hair bigger and bigger and bigger, I began to look like Sue Ellen from Dallas. All could think was if I don't get out of here and get another appointment somewhere else to sort it out I'm not going out this evening. I left the salon with sunglasses on and put my hair band straight in as soon as I got out of view of them. I went to get a coffee to take home and switched on the straighteners on to see what I could do with it. Thankfully after calming it down with some straightening and a bit of wax (a piece of string and a flux capacitor) it was a very nice cut underneath...... now I just need to decide which of the three tops that I have bought to wear.

Grace is very excited that I am going out tonight, she and Mark have a written out itinerary of what they are going to do to fill up their evening. She has been a bit strange over the last few weeks.

Firstly as it is national walk to school week (which we do everyday anyway) to mark the last day they laid on breakfast at 8.15 for pupils, it consisted of rice crispies, toast and jam and orange juice or milk. Grace signed up immediately, but the bottled it half way through the week. I don't know if its because she hears Mark and myself talking about how difficult it is to manage things like that - getting all routines done in the morning and then taking meds in with her, but I thought we could cope.

Also she is being a bridesmaid Nov 2008 for Marks brother, they just told us that she was one of the bridesmaids and never really asked us and didn't even stop to consider if it would be feasible, wedding day schedules are tight, no room for sitting on the toilet for half an hour or waiting 20 minutes for the feeling of sickness to go off after scoffing your breakfast down really fast when you have just done physio, or leaving you in a house full of bridesmaids with the Mother of the Bride who is in panic mode anyway let alone trying to work out how many creon to give Grace and that's if they allow her to eat anything once inside her bridesmaid dress (Grace you will have to have your funny turn after the ceremony and not overshadow the bride).....

OK, maybe I am over reacting, but it would have been nice for it to be discussed first whether it could be done and how to get around it. This all seems to have had quite an adverse effect on Grace and now she refuses point blank to be a bridesmaid or do anything that might involve a bit of juggling and preparation, that's why I feel she bottled the breakfast this morning. I really need to think through how I approach things like this in the future, but how?

No comments: