Friday 29 June 2007

Weather and horses

I've been to the gym this morning. 'M' wasn't there so I took advantage of a long run and did a 5k. I tried putting my headphones in (normally because I am chatting with my running partner I have no need for them) and watched a little of the golf, but they get on my nerves and I feel like I'm not running to my full capacity as I am trying to keep my ear plugs in. I may purchase some of the really old fashioned type that go over your head and sit snugly over your ears.

After my lovely long run I did lots of arm work and abs and waist. When I left the gym it was raining (again)although judging by what I have seen in the news all of this week, I am glad I live at the top of the hill. A river runs across the bottom of our Cul-de-sac (always wanted to write that!) which divides us from the golf course. Bizarrely, there are people playing today and its not flooded.

Yesterday we went to Warwick racecourse for an afternoon meeting on account that we didn't get to the special 300Th anniversary one last Sunday due to, yes you've guessed it, the weather.

As I am normally in partnership with my Mother-in-law on such days out, we pool our money together and then we would normally have more winners (or so you would think). I hate backing short odds favourites but Marks Mum loves them, hence she had two winners and I had one, but my 11-2 winner paid out far more than her two put together. Unfortunately I couldn't pick my nose for the rest of the afternoon and luckily broke even. Mark had a better day than me, but mainly because he bets away from the course as well.

Our plans have been drawn up for the extension to the kitchen and are now with the department at the council that gives planning permission and building regulations. We don't need planning permission but we need to have the building regs in place and also another detail with regard to the design being built right to the boundary so that the neighbours can't contest when they realise that we have to dig out all of the concrete on their side of the fence.

I have sort of made a rough plan of the kitchen on the Ikea Kitchen planner, and I will try and post a picture of it. Its not to scale because I'm not a maths genius by any stretch of the imagination (there must be something that I am good at?)..... actually I do make a mean fairy cake.

Grace is due in clinic on Tuesday and she seems to be developing her cough in time for clinic. She is also due to have her port flushed on Monday. She is still feeling a bit 'pooped' and a little breathless but not really feeling unwell. Still I think she maybe harbouring something and might benefit from a change in antibiotic.

This weekends plans are ballet presentation tomorrow evening and possible going to see Shrek on Sunday and lunch out... not even the weather can spoil that.

1 comment:

suzie said...

I've also found those weeny sponge things a bit of a pain, no sooner are they in than they spit themselves out again, at first I thought I was going deaf and tried to stuff them further in...result, a very unhappy ear.

Take care Gilly, well done for keeping up with the training.

Sue x